On numerous occasions I have criticized President Donald Trump. He has many personal faults and sometimes does things that deeply disturb me. He is also a terrible communicator. However, as I have also pointed out, I generally approve his agenda, and I am somewhat amazed by his energy and accomplishments in the face of unrelenting hostility from the media and the political opposition. I am hoping and praying for his reelection on November 3rd.
One reason for my fervent support of Trump is my low opinion of his presumptive opponent, Joseph Biden. I know that Biden must have some good qualities, but his record indicates that he is a deeply flawed and sometimes dishonest man of limited ability. My evidence is as follows:
- After graduating from Delaware U, ranking 506 out of 688 in often his class, Biden went to Syracuse University to obtain a law degree. During his first year there he plagiarized 16 pages of a law review article, and, upon detection, he had to repeat a course. Biden graduated from Syracuse in 1968 with a very mediocre academic record.
- Despite his scholastic limitations, Biden had drive and ambition, was young and handsome, and he knew how to present himself well. He was not really interested in the law. Politics was his passion. He was elected to the House of Representatives in 1969 from Delaware’s 4th Congressional District.
- In November 1972 Biden was elected to the U.S. Senate, the sixth youngest senator in U.S. history. The following month his wife and infant daughter were killed in a vehicular accident. Two sons survived. In the years that followed Biden repeatedly blamed the crash on an inebriated truck driver. That was a lie causing untold pain to the truck driver. Alcohol was not involved in the incident. This was indicative of Biden’s life-long propensity to prevaricate and exaggerate.
- In 1987 Senator Biden attempted to become the Democratic nominee for President. His campaign started well, but it came to a crashing halt in September of that year. One problem was that plagiarism again reared its ugly head. Biden copied several speeches and phrases from other candidates verbatim and without credit, the most damning being a speech by British Labour Party member Neil Kinnock. Another problem was Biden’s desire to grossly exaggerate his past accomplishments. In a news conference, with well-known reporters present, Biden stated that he had received three undergraduate degrees, was the top student in political science, had won a full academic scholarship to Syracuse (the only one in his class to do so), and had graduated in the upper half of his law school class. Every one of these assertions was a lie. He had only one undergraduate degree. He was not the top student in political science, and he was actually near the bottom quarter of his undergraduate class. He did not have a full academic scholarship to Syracuse and finished 76 out of the 85 members of his law class there. When one reporter challenged his academic boasting, Biden arrogantly suggested that they compare IQs. Nevertheless, it was the plagiarism rather than the lies that brought his 1987-88 run for the Presidency to an end. (If you wish to verify these facts, go on YouTube and search Biden Donaldson Lie.)
- Biden’s Senate career was not distinguished, but it was lengthy. He worked himself close to the pinnacle of power in the Democratic Party, and he obviously hoped to reach the top. In 2008 Barrack Obama picked him as his running mate.
- Very little stands out about Biden’s eight years as Vice President. A low-light was the 800 billion dollar economic stimulus plan of 2009. Joe Biden was put in charge of seeing the plan was properly implemented, and he and the President made some lofty promises about the forthcoming infrastructure overhaul. The plan was an abject failure. Only 98 billion of the 800 billion stimulus was dedicated to transportation and infrastructure, and only about 27.5 billion was actually spent on transportation infrastructure. As Obama later admitted, “the shovel-ready projects were not so shovel-ready.” Biden remained mostly mum, but he bears some responsibility for the fiasco.
- As Vice President, Biden was also involved in foreign policy, an area in which he considered himself an expert. Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, well respected in both political parties, disagreed with Biden’s self-assessment. In his memoir he stated that Biden had “been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”
- Vice President Biden was described as the administration’s point man on the Ukraine, and he had many contacts in that country. Somehow his son, Hunter Biden, was appointed to a lucrative position with a Ukrainian oil company. Later, when that company was being investigated by that nation’s chief prosecutor, Biden successfully pressured the Ukrainian government to fire the prosecutor. Biden’s supporters say that the firing was justified, but his opponents sniff a rather foul aroma arising from the entire affair.
- Biden was also heavily involved with China. He stood as a firm friend of that state as it pushed itself into the World Trade Organization and proceeded to devastate many American manufacturing communities. Again, Hunter Biden profited enormously from his father’s China connections; though Joseph Biden, the father, denies any knowledge of his son’s overseas activities.
Now, in late June of 2020, Joseph Biden stands as the putative Presidential candidate of the once great Democratic Party. Look at his record. Also, consider his frequent gaffes and gross misstatements of fact. In my opinion, he was never an outstanding public servant, and now he appears to be a walking shadow. In his present condition he seems barely qualified to run for some minor political office. For President??? Trump, not Biden, will have my vote.
Another reason for my support of Trump is my abhorrence of the current Democratic Party leadership. Carefully examine the party’s platform. It would appear they wish to establish a godless, genderless, socialistic republic headed by the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Al Sharpton, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Ilhan Omar. With a weak and hapless Biden as President, who will really run the show? May the good Lord protect us!
Please, vote for the Republican Party this November. It may be a very imperfect political organization, but it stands for traditional values; and it has a plethora of outstanding young leaders who are dedicated to the continuing quest for a more perfect union.
The Democrats are comparatively bereft of competent leadership. Forgive them. They know not what they do. But do not vote for them.
Educate yourself, and spread the truth. We must not surrender.
Stand in the gap!
One thought on “Do You Know Joe?”