Journalists are supposedly guided by the following code of ethics:
- Honesty: journalists must be truthful. It is unacceptable to report information known to be false or report facts in a misleading way to give a wrong impression.
- Independence and objectivity: journalists should avoid topics in which they have a financial or personal interest. Such interest may introduce bias into their reporting or give the impression of such bias. In cases where a journalist has a specific financial or personal interest, the interest must be disclosed.
- Fairness: journalists must present facts with impartiality and neutrality and present other viewpoints and sides to a story where these exist.
- Diligence: a journalist should gather and present pertinent facts to provide a good understanding of the subject being reported on. A journalist must not hide or ignore facts pertinent to the subject on which he is reporting.
- Accountability: a journalist must be accountable for their work and be prepared to accept criticism and consequences.
I would add one more critical requirement for a good journalist. A journalist must be diligent in seeking out and reporting on newsworthy stories. There must not be “selective” reporting or non-reporting based on a reporter’s particular world view or because of pressures from within or without his/her news organization.
Are American journalists living up to these standards today? Unfortunately, few of them are. The few intrepid truth seekers are like voices howling in the wilderness.
Is our media prepared to stand silent and suppress the truth as a crime family stands poised to take over the highest office in the land? If so, shame on them!
Do not allow yourselves to be deceived. Proof of the Biden family’s corruption is out there in plain view. Examine Hunter Biden e-mails and the massive corroborating evidence of venality and betrayal on the part of Joseph Biden and his son.